125 cc engines

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Mike Parker, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Mike Parker

Mike Parker New Member

Hi there - thank you for letting me join! I need some advice, I am looking for a scooter to run a trial with a new engine additive. The scooter I need is a 125 cc water-cooled 4 stroke engine. It needs to be automatic, as the trial will not work with a wet clutch. Has anyone any recommendations for a reliable engine. Ideally, I am looking for a scooter that's about 10 years old. Thanks

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Piaggio vespa GT 125.

3. Mike Parker

Mike Parker New Member

I think the GT 125 engine is air cooled - is there a water cooled version of it?

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    It's water cooled !

5. Mike Parker

Mike Parker New Member

aha perfect - thanks for the info!

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Whats this new additive then???
    I'm curious because I build A LOT of engines

7. Mike Parker

Mike Parker New Member

Hi Steve,
    If you check out rvstec.co.uk you can get a good understanding. We have been using it for heavy machinery mainly where it is known as a friction modifier, it has other attributes that help repair and extend engine life. The Finnish guys have been running a Peugeot 205 for 10,000 km with no oil and I wanted to do a lands end - John O groats run on a 125 with no oil ( any excuse for a laugh ). It has to be a 4 stroke and dry clutch (no hydraulic valves) or it won't work for obvious reasons! If you likey send me a message as I am always looking for outlets - you never know!

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I have a couple of partly built Piaggio VX125 engines under the bench somewhere....

9. Mike Parker

Mike Parker New Member

Hey Steve, give us a shout if you want to trial some.