125 4 stroke tuning (dont wet the bed im not expectin much)

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by nibbles, Dec 10, 2008.

1. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

well cmon u 4 strokers i wanna get bit better top speed and keep most of the reliability im thinking 210 kit n gear up maybe vari if itll help top end any one done this the engine only has 6 k klm on it so quite new and bottom end dont mean oat to me btw coz its a chopper just would like top end and loadsa noise lol .would this setup be relaible still and what kinda speeds could i expect
    ty v much people

2. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    Real 80mph

3. Mehmet

Mehmet Active Member

Rides:
    AUDI A3
    On gilera clocks...youll do the clocks round like 20000000x times

4. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

lols 80 sounds slow lol thought 2 strokes were good top end . would it still be reliable

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    get a 200 engine, leave it well alone.. cranks are now avalable from malossi but overpriced just like all there other products... 4t's cost ALOT to get any power out of reliably.. leave it alone

6. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    180 2 strokes only do 80 if your lucky anyway :w00t:

7. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

well iv already bid on a 125 man n im winning or id get a 200 .plop i dunno what to do now the bike realy aint gonna be ragged n 80 is fine thinkin about it nm like u say minor parts are over priced as fook mite just 210 it gear it up n jus ride it respectably

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    no point.. can get a 200 vx engine/top end.. get somone with a clue to regrind the cam and drop it lower on the head, flow the head and re seat the valves.. can play wiht the compression dome and skim the head but any gains this way are gonna put real stress on your crank.

best bet is just turn your 125 engine into a 200 using stock parts and keep the gearing you have (not sure if there diff tbh.. dont touch em so all this is theoretical/from somone who has done similar obv)

9. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

yhyh sounds good to me and should save me bout a tonn i can skim the head myself on the lath at old college .how much dya think im lookin for all that m8 .luckily the bike im bidding on has got low milege so crank should be in good nick n at end of the day i spose i dnt need to go that fast as its a chopper so only for cruisin lol jus got tuning in ma blood lol

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    fuck all point skimming a head unless youve lowerd the compression.. you want to run normal fuel and have no risk of pre detonation as there is a fixed timing sys only so you cant trim out the advance...

if your changing the compression shape/area and porting the head then yes, skim the head but ONLY to correct compression lost to other modifications. too high a compression ratio means fuel additives/lots of stress on the crank and alot of fuckin about. not worth it

11. Blue dwarf

Blue dwarf New Member

Turbo it :D

12. Blue dwarf

Blue dwarf New Member

Turbo it :D Ok double post so I`ll add ...stick nitrous on it to get rid of the turbo lag (single stage using methanol) or run with a supercharger ;)

13. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    was gonna sudgest forced induction but im not so sure you wanna give him idea's.. he has enough to worry about fo now LMFAO

14. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

lols asif ,4 bikes and no knowledge of 4 strokes aint much :emb: lol. surely thatd kill my crank in minutes ps not lookin to tune it much just wanted more than a standard 125 4 stroke

15. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

super charger would cost a bomb rite ???

16. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    point is turbo's and superchargers love 4t engines... oh and bending valves LOL

17. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

yhyh me thought so lol fuk that ill keep it simple its ma first ever 4 stroke lol . so say i look at it like this say i make a 200 cc engine outa mine will it be much cheaper than a 210 kit

18. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    have you actually LOOKED how much 210 kits cams springs and valves are from malossi?

19. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

kit is about 200 then cam is about 100 then springs and valved cant remember. loking at about 400 i reckon.

could go buy a genuine gilera 200 top end for that and get kfc on way home

20. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    try 250 for the kit.. 150 for the cam, 30 for the springs.. 350 for the crank and then you still have to port the head. bigger carb is silly money also