125 2T Piaggio - what to pay?

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by ET2SLOW, Dec 25, 2019.

1. ET2SLOW

ET2SLOW New Member

Hello fellow scooterists.

Going to start looking for a 125 2T Piaggio engine (preferable AC) and have noticed they don’t come up for sale as often as they once did.

For an engine, rear brake and wheel what would be reasonable for a working engine?

I hoping to swap one into my ET2 in the summer once I get bored with a sport 70 set up. Not keen on going single ring and staying 70 as I commute on the bike, I’m hoping a 125 could be bought for not far off the price of going race single ring and upgraded crank fitting. Thank you!

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Don't bother putting a 125 in your et frame, cheaper and easier to buy a typhoon !

3. ET2SLOW

ET2SLOW New Member

It’s not quite that easy I’m afraid - the ET2 is mint, like a brand new scooter with under 2k kilometres. No rust, hell it was still restricted to 30!

to get any other scoot in this condition I’d be spending at least £1k. I’m going to stick to the ET, I had one before and liked it thank you for the suggestion! Any idea on cost, I’m hoping under £500 for the motor then I’m quids in.

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Not a straight forward swap I'm afraid, different engine mount, mount width, shock position, silent block, exhaust, cdi, loom, reg/rec..........
    By the time you've done with all that it will most definately have been worth buying a 125 straight off.

MARSH likes this.
  5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Motorhog auction maybe?

6. ET2SLOW

ET2SLOW New Member

It’s either a 2T 125 or Vespa 300 motor, I’m not after an easy life I’m after 20+ BHP and keeping my ET. I’d prefer to go down the 125 route but I can’t find a motor. Closest I got was a Hexagon for £600. I’m thinking buying a complete bike is the way forward.

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Pitbike motor and custom swingarm.
    Gibbo was building one, not sure he posted it here or not though.