100cc 2T - tuning for acceleration/mid range only

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by pbee, Sep 21, 2013.

1. pbee

pbee New Member

hi guys - kiwi here with a yamaha BSW 100 and need to decide on whether to tune this or not

research on tuning these produces mixed results - some say its a low revving poorly designed piece of shit and dont bother and some owners claim good results.

For me i dont want faster top speed - it does a 100 kph already which is fast enough - i want better acceleration mostly for ripping around town and having fun.

So tell me please - would a 124cc bbk, exhaust, jetting, variator and clutch kits not improve even acceleration or is it a waste of money even for that ?

Any aerox 100 2T owners here that can give me some facts on what sort of acceleration/mid range improvements they got from tuning ?

2. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    i fitted lighter rollers, polini belt, upjetted, leo vince pipe, stiffest clutch springs, mallosi yellow torque sping

it was definately quicker and pulled to 70 on the clocks

but they are prone to heat seizing which mine did a few times and generally they become a little unreliable

cost to power ratio was pants if i knew the results id have left it stock and just used it

3. pbee

pbee New Member

how did it seize, was it running lean or could it just not handle the higher revs ?

I have other scoots so this wouldnt be my main transport - just the occasional weekend rides so thinking that it wouldnt get too much of a hard time
    I really wanted to do something with this scoot - i will get sod all if i tried to sell it so looking to turn it into a project. tune, stretch the frame, styling etc.