100 Posts to be able to post in the wanted section?

Discussion in 'Comments / Feedback / Suggestions' started by Billy Balthorpe, May 9, 2011.

1. Billy Balthorpe

Billy Balthorpe Member

A bit over the top isnt it?

I need some bits for my lads X8R, so instead of giving to cash to someone on here, freeing up a bit of garage space and lining thier pocket with cash, i'm going to have to give it to some proffessional Ebayer!

Why 100 posts??

2. RIGZ.172

RIGZ.172 Member

Rides:
    camel
    you haveto abide by the rules mate just like every1 else lol

3. Billy Balthorpe

Billy Balthorpe Member

Cracking answer, told me everthing thing i needed to know except the answer to the question "Why 100 posts?" What is it supposed to acheive? I could just do another 20 posts on this thread to get me up to the required ammount but that's just wasting web space and peoples time reading it. Why does 100 posts make me out as a dedicated scooter guy more than say 30 or 50 posts. At the first sight of a "post count posting restriction" the 'chancers on here trying to flog stuff to an unsuspecting audience" run a mile anyway?

4. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Because it used to be 30 posts and people used to join and spam it up. Think i also put it up to 50 and they did the same and funnily enough even a few people have done it to 100 posts!

This is a free forum with a free for sale section for members. Sadly the only way it can be restricted is by post count and not by account age and I used to be able to over ride it for members but I can't anymore.

Basically it's 100 because that actually works but I understand that being a member for a long period of time and not posting much should also entitle you to use it but I can't offer that.

5. Billy Balthorpe

Billy Balthorpe Member

Fair enough, a proper answer, thank you.

But you are going to have to excuse some of the crappy posts im going to be putting on. I think i have proved that im not a spammer. OK?

6. tErr0

I'd rather you pm'd me what you wanted and i'll put it up in the wanted section.

7. Billy Balthorpe

Billy Balthorpe Member

Actually, the posts arent crappy, doing a public duty, welcoming people to the site and pointing them in the right direction. I'll PM you.

8. tErr0

Which funnily enough doesn't up your post count. ;) The introduction section doesn't increase post counts.

9. Billy Balthorpe

Billy Balthorpe Member

Hence the PM mate. Ha ha. Ah well someone has to welcome them. There was one guy who joined on Monday and no one had said owt to im. You're lucky i'm here!

10. S6-boi

S6-boi Member

Rides:
    honda x8r
    hate hate hate this post count thing im always on here and cant post in that section:( i just dont feel the need to post so i dont but i wanna use that section xx:(

11. FLENG2008

FLENG2008 Member

Rides:
    04 vx 125
    yer im the same
    far from a scammer, i just wanted a few bits for the nrg

suppose ill have to be patient, not got that much to say atm....

12. S6-boi

S6-boi Member

Rides:
    honda x8r
    i never have anything to say on the forums really:/

13. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Well if Terro says okay, I might be able to do it for you ? I think he'd rather that than people posting shit lol.

14. S6-boi

S6-boi Member

Rides:
    honda x8r
    just wondering if i can get mine without this 100 post :/ coz im here all the time :/ have been for a while i just dont post :/

15. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Yeah, you can you have to donate too the site mate.

16. S6-boi

S6-boi Member

Rides:
    honda x8r
    how much?

17. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    £5 i think it is.

18. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

100 posts is a lot. I understand why it is done but 100 posts?... that s quite a lot!.. I've got a few things to sell and they ll just end up on ebay when someone in here could get them for cheap.

I understand now why my post got deleted in that section! :D

19. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    because before people were spamming, use to be 30 posts, 50 posts, then it went too 100. Like I said, You can either pay £5 towards the site, and then you can post in there, (Cheaper than posting on Ebay) Or wait... I'd do it for some people but then it wouldn't be fair on others.