zip steering

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Edgar, May 4, 2013.

1. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

any one can get a pic of piaggio zip steering stops ? the ones that dont allow to turn handle bars at more that it should?
    would really appreciate it as faild mot because of that :/

2. gilly_runner

gilly_runner Member

Rides:
    Gilera runner
    If yours turns all the way the little metal block that's welded on to the stem of the front forks must have snapped off the block hits the stops when turned too far. this is common problem on the zip there's a couple of pics to show what it looks like, the one in the pic has also snapped off, other pic is of one of the slots that is dented that the metal block hits IMG-20130504-00160.jpg IMG-20130504-00161.jpg

Edgar and ramo like this.
  3. ramo

ramo GoldMember

If it turns all the way in one direction only then it will be the grooves on the frame that are the problem most likely. If thats the case you can just tap them in a bit.

If its both ways then usually the bit on the forks to blame. My boys SP does this and we cant find any more SP forks (or anyone that can weld it) so I'm working on a way of fixing them with a bolt through the fork tube..

4. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

yh took my forks out the the metal plate fall out , gona get it welded tuesday , thanks for help lads