Zip 50 Light conversion

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by GeorgeMorriss, Feb 25, 2013.

1. GeorgeMorriss

GeorgeMorriss Member

first of all, I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE MOT FAILURE. Now thats out of the way, i wondered if anyone can help me with wiring my 2 halogen bulbs to my existing zip 50 headlight wiring. I have blown 2 bulbs already doing this, i can get the bulb to light but when i rev the engine the bulb blows. The halogen has 2 wires, but the wiring loom has 3, i have read up about it and one is the earth, and the other 2 are low and high beam apparently. i just dont wish to connect them both, and blow them both at the same time as i do not have the money to keep buying more bulbs to test out peoples theories, so really, if you 100% know what to do then please reply, other than that, DO NOT BLOW MY BULBS WITH GUESSES. i shall upload a photo of the wires in a bit.

2. Iggy13

Iggy13 Member

An introduction would be nice.

3. GeorgeMorriss

GeorgeMorriss Member

introduction?

4. GeorgeMorriss

GeorgeMorriss Member

i dont see how im shouting the odds i just know if someone would have posted what i have, people would have put him/her of saying its an mot failure and i really dont care about an mot failure? and for the fact i have asked only people who are 100% certain to post is just for my own sake so i dont have to dish out more money for bulbs where someone has guessed on what to do?

5. GeorgeMorriss

GeorgeMorriss Member

dont worry about this thread anymore the lights have been fitted and done and now work, so if anyone wants to know how to do it pm me or whatever ill be more than happy to help, photo will be up shortly!

6. GeorgeMorriss

GeorgeMorriss Member

the photo of the wiring, and the halogen i had, and the final product. if you want to do this to your zip pm me for what to do with the wires. :) hope i can help!

Attached Files: