wire up a thor alarm

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by kylespeedfight, Feb 9, 2013.

1. kylespeedfight

kylespeedfight Active Member

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    Ive got a Thor alarm, and want to wire it up to my Honda Lead, need help on the wiring though. So far ive gathered:
    YELLOW WIRES: INDICATOR LIGHTS
    RED WIRE: POSITIVE 12V
    BLACK WIRE: EARTH
    PINK WIRE:?????
    BLUE WIRE:REMOTE START???
    GREY WIRE:?????
    ORANGE WIRE:?????

Attached is a wiring diagram, but i do not know what it means when it comes to connecting the remaining 4 cables. Orange says ACC ON, but i dont know what that is? Im also guessing BLUE is remote start? Im not interested remote start. And grey wire im guessing goes to engine cut off, but so does pink :/ if anyone could help me, id much appreciate it! Thanks

Attached Files:

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

you need to get the wiring from your ignition switch, and cut and connect it as shown, find your starter kill from the switch, cut it, connect the pink wire to the key side of the cut wire, and the grey to the other. orange is your ignition feed, you need to splice into the wire to connect it. it will be easyier when you have the ignition switch in front of you. do you know its actually illegal to have remote start in the uk? not that it matters, you need to pull the brake in for it to work!

3. kylespeedfight

kylespeedfight Active Member

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    thanks for the help mate! and no i never knew haha but i dont intend on using the remote start anyway, but thanks for the info