We need more moderators!

Discussion in 'Forum News and Announcements' started by tErr0, Nov 26, 2011.

1. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

So we could do with a few more moderators so if you would like to be one then send me a PM with a little bit of info about why you think you should.

:)

2. Canning1337

Canning1337 Scooter Tuner

Rides:
    Yamaha Aerox 50
    Love to, but I don't think I have the broadest knowledge on Peds just yet :/
    -Still learning though! =D

3. FLENG2008

FLENG2008 Member

Rides:
    04 vx 125
    what would the mods have to do?
    how much time would they have to contribute?
    etc.. etc...

4. Cjkt

Cjkt Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    I messaged you terro :)

5. tErr0

I think if people don't already know what would be expected of them then they shouldn't apply. :)

6. FLENG2008

FLENG2008 Member

Rides:
    04 vx 125
    jeez, i was just gathering info for potential candidates
    i dont think everyone will no the in and outs of being a mod do you?

7. tErr0

Everyone doesn't have to. I don't have the time to train people how to do it so it has to be expected that if you have more experience with this sort of thing you are more likely to be a mod.

8. FLENG2008

FLENG2008 Member

Rides:
    04 vx 125
    i dont think anyone on here has experience of being a mod unless they have been a mod on other forums or best mates with a moderator

i am a member of loads of forums some for many years but i have no idea how much time you would have to dedicate to the forum or what the daily tasks would be etc..?

9. Canning1337

Canning1337 Scooter Tuner

Rides:
    Yamaha Aerox 50
    I've been a moderator before on a Gaming Website. That was a whole different kettle of fish, but I still have a small insight to be a good Moderator on Forums. I will try to be a Mod for SS, could be pretty good. =)

10. FLENG2008

FLENG2008 Member

Rides:
    04 vx 125
    well if youve been a mod before then you know what to expect, you will have a big advantage over many other on here

11. craigdmjv

craigdmjv 1984 Yamaha Salient............<3

Rides:
    1984 Yamaha Salient
    i wouldnt mind being a mod although i only know the basics about maintenance and imo a mod is just a person who looks after the website and makes sure that everyone follows rules and also helps people clear up threads etc e.g change names and that also did you get my message about the stickers id love to advertise round college loads of ped owners round here

12. JGC

JGC New Member

I am a mod on the Deauvilleuk forum, all I do is the basics of keeping an eye on the site and threads. My own powers on that site are limited, in that I am unable to block unwanted/spammers threads. I do delete unneeded posts and let a global mods know about more serious issues and let them deal with it. Too new on this site to want to offer to be a mod as yet I feel.

13. southweezy19

southweezy19 hardcore ss member

Rides:
    yamaha neos!!
    I would literally be honoured to be a mod on this site no shit. This site has taught me so much I'm forever grateful

lee mason and Alex Barnes like this.
  14. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    I accidently sent terro a pm without realizing this was posted last yearo_O Oops

15. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    I seem to be the only bugger still left running it.... lol

Dandruff37 likes this.
  16. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I'd have a go at being a MOD, I was a MOD on Gilera Runner back in the day until it went T*ts up!

17. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    I dont think they're recruiting. This thread was from a while ago and i've pm'd terro and had no reply so im assuming this thread no longer applys

18. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Yes, it was started a couple of years ago but you never know!

Dandruff37 likes this.
  19. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Terro is hardly on neither is minor, (terro only sees stuff from his phone) going to contact them on a personal basis and see what's to do.

Dandruff37 likes this.
  20. tErr0

I'm on just I generally don't see the need to post anything. Don't have a huge amount of time on my hands and I've already answered everything before!