tyre pressure

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by greekenigma, Oct 22, 2012.

1. greekenigma

greekenigma Member

hay people
    basically whats the correct tyre pressure front and back for a nrg dd lc

looking on pedparts it seems all should be 35psi front and back??????

but i swear i read somewhere in a haynes manual that nrg is 25psi back 17 front

what you guys use?

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

front, 1,8 bar back 2 bar most scoots are the same. every scoot we have in at work always has no air in the tyres, people just get on and ride and never check. it drives me crazy!

3. ramo

ramo GoldMember

I go by whatever it says on the side personally (+2/4 psi as i like them quite hard). You'd be suprised how a few psi can make your bike ride like shit and drink fuel. Its also worth having a pressure gauge in your toolbox if you actually care about the pressures (i got a digital one from lidl for £3 which does tread depth aswell and is piss easy to use)

4. greekenigma

greekenigma Member

dude thats the max pressure the tyre can withstand (way too much pressure dude)

5. DC53

DC53 Member

Rides:
    Vespa 210, bws 125
    I run 26psi front and 28 rear,(on 12" wheels + lowest profile tyre i can get) but it's all down to rider weight/preference at the end of the day

6. TeZ258

TeZ258 Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 50cc
    I run 25 in both.

7. greekenigma

greekenigma Member

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i did spend a few weeks looking at tyre dynamics at uni but got a bit cunfused with all the different variables, but essentially different tyres give differnt values on grip, mainly because of tread shape but also becuaes of the metal strands inside the rubber (different tensile strengths), tyre shake can come into it with bigger power (over 150hp) and also heat (a few degrees makes a big differnce). ever ridden a bike with no air in the front tyre? its feeling like the wheel is bent!

9. Callum Coles

Callum Coles 2003 Piaggio Zip Sp

Rides:
    2003 Piaggio zip sp
    thats the amount the tyre should have init not max :L

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

that is the maximum pressure reccommended, thats why ity says maximum pressure 35 psi or whatever, although you could easily put in over 50 and the tyre would be fine. quad bikes only have like 5 psi in them, but they can be inflted to about 50 i reckon