torque settings piaggio variator nut

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by liam1224, May 14, 2011.

1. liam1224

liam1224 New Member

hi all, anyone know the torque settings for the variator bolt on a piaggio zip thanks

2. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Re: torque settings

About 40-44nm.

Best thing to do is buy a haynes manual for your bike as it lists lots of useful information like this.

Edit: Reading again I hope you mean the variator nut...?

3. liam1224

liam1224 New Member

yer i ment the variato nut the main one, i thought it would be tighter than that but maybe not. im gunna be taking the restrictor out as i have a full licence but like to make sure nothing comes loose

4. liam1224

liam1224 New Member

can someone please help. im going to take the washer out the variator hopefully tomorow, ive taken the case off and kick start, and there was a bit which looks like it comes in contact with the variator teeth it was loose and i have no idea what it is, hope i havnt confused anyone thanks for any help!

5. liam1224

liam1224 New Member

just found out i think its the starter motor pin, is it ment to be pushed right in?

6. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

It's only a small nut. The torque settings I gave are correct as I thought you were talking about the bit you were talking about!

It's the starter bendix. It's supposed to be pushed in yeah.

7. liam1224

liam1224 New Member

All sorted got that washer out and got 10mph more out of the little zip. Quick question
    my speedo is about 5mph out is there anyway of correcting it?