This Is What £40 Buys Ya!

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by bandyleg, Feb 2, 2011.

1. bandyleg

bandyleg New Member

Rides:
    Anything That Moves
    Right then for those of you who i told i would upload a few pics have a giggle at these!

So I did only pay £40 for it tax and tested :grin: It does need some tlc but im starting on the engine and transmission first so i ordered a few basics as i dont think any of them have been replaced PERIOD!!!
    • Polini 4.3g Rollers
      Polini Slider spring (blue)
      New Front and Rear Pads
      Set of Doppler Clutch Springs

It currently has a Endy exhaust can on it, I say can as i dont think its a full system but im looking to replace the whole thing soon anyway( any recommendations would be appreciated but please bare in mind i use it on a daily basis)
    Im also looking for a decent air filter so i can hopefully do away with the air box not sure on brand so again any recommendations appreciated.
    I dont think the jets have been done so i am going to do these as soon as posible.

I think almost every panel on the little beasty has been superglued or repaired at some point so im also on the look out for any bargains, Rims,Panels spares and so on!!

I went to change the rollers this afternoon and run straight in trouble as the 8mm bolts holding the transmission casing on are either ceased or rounded grrrr all but one are now out just waiting for a tool to arrive this evening after work and that should sort that.

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. co77l3y

co77l3y Member

Rides:
    Gilera DNA 50
    what a bargain!!
    from the pictures it does look like a full endy system, errm and dont bother with open filter it doesn't do any difference to your bike, check the air filter guide for this, cut a long story short if you put a open filter on the bike runs worse because the back pressure escapes and air escapes and the engine doesn't run as good, so if i were you i would put a replacement polini / mallosi sponge in the standard air box and give it a service, you could buy some evos for it i guess? and on exhaust get a yasuni z.

3. yellasei

yellasei Member

Rides:
    125 typhoon
    don't you just love cheap projects, keep us updated with this cracker mate ;)

4. bandyleg

bandyleg New Member

Rides:
    Anything That Moves
    I didnt think it was but im not sure.. Its going anyway, Thanks for that bit of info :) ill stick to the standard box and better sponge... So errr what are evos the only thing i know of evos is Mitsubishi lol.

5. NrgJoe

NrgJoe New Member

Rides:
    2008 NRG power l/c
    evos are pannels, basicly a body kit for your runner :)

6. bandyleg

bandyleg New Member

Rides:
    Anything That Moves
    Ha ha ha how numb am i!! That would be the headlight thats been fitted!! Nah i dont want full evo panels maybe one or 2 touches here and there but there b nothing better than putting your own spin on something! although im guessing its gonna be very difficult to do something a bit different that hasnt been seen on something like this.

7. co77l3y

co77l3y Member

Rides:
    Gilera DNA 50
    why you getting rid of it?

8. bandyleg

bandyleg New Member

Rides:
    Anything That Moves
    Im getting rid of the exhaust not the bike! i got a whole years road tax and insurance its staying with me lol :grin:

9. northrider

northrider Member

you can always pick up standards panels really cheap but you wud still be spending more than wat u paid for the bike

10. bandyleg

bandyleg New Member

Rides:
    Anything That Moves
    Yeh but lets be honest i think most of us on here usually spend a lot more than we intend to lol It was bought as a cheap runner/project so i dont mind spending i just have to do it wisely and i the engine is the biggest concern!

So I took a little trip down to a friends this evening and finally got the transmission casing off! Not a pretty site at all! The variator fan is rubbing and has almost been totally rubbed away Ill pop a pic on in a day or 2! Also for the life of me i can not get the variator nut off!!
    Also having problems as cant get the clutch nut off so this wkend is going to be a long one i think,S till no new rollers clutch springs or new compression? Spring... I think thats what its called??? The one that puts more pressure on the belt to reduce it slipping.
    What ever its called its not been fitted!!

I did how ever find a few bits and pieces that also need replacing as they are knackered Things like air intake hoses are perrished and split a faulty wire explaining the random oil light flicker and many many different other issues that will be explained at a later date!

Jeees if the Mrs only knew lol

11. bandyleg

bandyleg New Member

Rides:
    Anything That Moves
    OK so i just had a good little poke around and a nosy and i have found more split air pipes on the wee beasty so ive just ordered some more but im still one missing and i dont seem to be able to find one anywhere so i think its of to the dealers at some stage soon!

Im also looking at a new exhaust this month a leo vince tt road legal as it has been reduced from a good price to a better price any info on it that i havnt already been reading would be good and also is the derestricting kit for it worth buying??? any comments on that.

Apart from that im off work for a wk now so i will be making a bit more effort to get it running sweet.
    pics to come!

12. DanielG8873

DanielG8873 New Member

Rides:
    Aprilia RS 50
    where do you guys find these bikes so cheap!!!

13. bandyleg

bandyleg New Member

Rides:
    Anything That Moves
    Well mine come from a guy whos son didnt deserve it and it was sold so cheap coz when he bought it, it come in a box! oh i only found this out a couple of hours ago!

14. northrider

northrider Member

about ure pipe are you planning on putting a big bore kit on ure bike because if you are then u wud be better off buying a better pipe than a tt if youre keeping it a standard 50 it will do but there are still better exhausts

15. bandyleg

bandyleg New Member

Rides:
    Anything That Moves
    Im not sure to be honest... The way its going i think ill probably end up doing so :).
    What kind of exhaust should i really be looking at? Ive been told a yasuni then after reading link on here about them i wasnt too convinced.....
    I dont like paying for a name i would much rather have a lesser branded product that works better or if the branded stuff is good then i dont mind paying for it.
    I dont really want to pay twice for exhausts if i do decide to put a bore kit on it so is there any thing that can do both or do i need to make my choices now??
    Thanks for the pre warning :)

16. co77l3y

co77l3y Member

Rides:
    Gilera DNA 50
    basically leo vince tt is a cheap naff exhaust, and the zx isnt that much any better, you want to be looking for yasuni z exhaust / doppler / arrow if there are any, or polini ones, but buy them second hand and paint them in heat proof paint :p errm if your going to 70 kit it get a polini cast iron kit, you can derestrict it your self, no need for the kits, use the search bar if you are stuck with any things and make a post if you havent got your answer

17. bandyleg

bandyleg New Member

Rides:
    Anything That Moves
    Lol ill keep the kit in mind, Thanks for the heads up on the exhausts.

Ive been doing a few bits and pieces today on the bike.
    The pics dont look much and the calipers aint 100% spotless but the front brake was about as much use as a brush with no bristles so i stripped it down today and drained the old brake fluid, This come out looking like soya sauce!! I would say its never been changed!

I was going to clean it totally up and paint it today but it would give the colour scheme away so ive just kept as is for the time being.
    Front brake now works a treat. :grin:

Attached Files:

18. northrider

northrider Member

ok i wud definately get a well branded 70's kit polini or malossi and as for the exhaust i know the yasuni c16 is a very nice and powerful pipe it sound nyce aswell but i haven't had one my self they are advised to be used on a 70's kit ive used the pm 360 pipe and i was happy with it its a pretty revvy pipe and can be used on a 50 and 70 but most people on here wont recommend it have a look anyway most people go with the pm360 for the looks

19. bandyleg

bandyleg New Member

Rides:
    Anything That Moves
    Well its been a busy little afternoon today my brakes are all now running nice and smooth! Ive also replaced the changer spring clutch springs and put some polini 4.3g rollers in!!
    As i have realised the rollers are a little light but on the plus side it does scream all the way up to 40 before running out of steam and topping out around 55, So at this point i would guess a sensible thing to do would be a slightly heavier set of rollers........
    Exactly a full new top racing variater kit was ordered :rotfl: It worked out better value than loads of rollers!!
    Also ordered was a new reed valve and inlet manifold so they should arrive in a few days and get fitted as soon as possible!!!

20. p166y123

p166y123 New Member

Rides:
    aerox
    watch out with that vairator as the lightest weights it comes with are 5gram