Tacho stolen... Piaggio typhoon.

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Narii, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Narii

Narii New Member

Hi!

Yeah so some assholes stole my tacho (and cut the wires) and took some other parts (ruined seat and so on)
    I need to use the scooter so I thought it might be a good idea to know when im out of fuel/oil...

Does anyone know which wire is for the fuel reserve light, and oil? Id want to add a LED that comes on.
    I found a diagram but its in italian, and I had a hard time making out what goes where..

Its a 2003 piaggio typhoon 50cc.

//Martin

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    fuel guage has 3 wires.. a common power (white) then the common earth (black) sender unit in the tank has 3 wirees, a common earth (black) thew white and green (level sender signal wire, what actually sets the fuel guage) and a yellow and green that go's back to power the warning light.

wihtout the guage in place the sender gets no power (cant put power through to the warning light) so id asume you put power to the white and green to bypass this.. but that means throwing full 12v voltage AT the sender.. not really a good idea with a tank full of fuel. so best tried out with a scrap sender out the tank.. not bypassed one befor now. theres all the wiring info to refit a guage tho. ill have a dig about the zip loom diagram and see just how its powered as they have no guage/will be direct wired between power/tank sender and warning light.

why not jus stick the std clocks back on? :confused:

3. Narii

Narii New Member

Hi! thanks for the answer.

Id love to put the original clock back on but 200 euro for a brand new one is a bit too much. And I cant find any secondhand on ebay or elsewhere...

But take a look at this! [​IMG]

And the cut wires: [​IMG] Two pink, two white.

I was thinking about adding a fuel gauge. http://www.freewtc.com/images/products/fuel_level_gauge_3_53006.jpg that one should work right?

And from what I could make out from that wiring diagram is that the orange, and a ground wire is all I need for the oil warning light, right?
    And white, ground and green/white for fuel + yellow green (like you said) for fuel.

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    yes, BUT the powers going direct not via a guage... so i wouldnt wanna try it in a live tank lol pull the sender out and try it out. if it works cover the sender in fuel, do it again, if it catches fire dont wire it up like that.... lol im probably being overly cautious/sunday mode but ye, worth checking the zip wiring and copying this, as it is a guageless system..

as for clocks.. theres millions on ebay.co.uk most people dont care where there sending it to aslong as you pay the postage :) deffo the best way to go.