Speedfight 2 project- MHR, Nardo - *new custom front end*

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by lukeyboixrace, Mar 2, 2008.

1. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

cheers matey.

right here's a pretty good update :cool:

basically....i wanted a mudguard that holds a numberplate...and has a unique design.....so guess what i'm making one :punk:

i've made about 5 cardboard working models...and have chosen my preffered one.

here it is on the bike.....it needs to be lowered about 1-2 inches to wrap the wheel nicely...but it's all good that's what it's there for so i can change it in development.

got rear panel on and jack up kit...look how high the bike is :rofl:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

once the models perfected...i'm going to make 1 out of plasticard..and then fibreglass it :cool:

2. fatboy87

fatboy87 Member

looking good m8 :cool:

3. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Hmmm unique on the mudguard/numberplate holder, will have to see it done I suppose to appreciate it, looks weird :wtf:

Don't get sucked in and go OTT ;)

4. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

i know what you mean...it is a bit over the top...but i hate being the same as others :rofl:
    i'm still in the process of development.....so i'm still making changes etc...
    what is it you dislike about it?
    it seems a bit marmitey....some people i've spoke to love it...some think it looks weird.

i think the second step piece is what brings it down...think if i slant the line of the second step more like the first step it will match the line of the rear panel a little more

5. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

the shape of mud guad is nice if it was a third of the size lol its huge .shrink it and go minimal m8 would look sleaker ,but yh keep up the customisation lol. be carefull not to go to thick with filler too m8 try keep it as a skin .
    good luck

6. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

nibbles took the words out my mouth. It's like the runner mudguard holder, looks horrible, and you'd cut it down to make it small or different.

Needs to be smaller really, may turn out it looks wicked though :confused:

7. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

yea what i'm doing is filling in the gap...and then fibreglassing over the top of the spoiler sides again to hold the shape

i see what you mean now...is a bit chunky :rofl:

cheers for the input though.

basically...this is an A level DT project...so i need input...ideas and opinions on the mudguard to improve it to suit the specification of customers.

This is the first mock up of this design....so i'll keep making more until i;ve got it perfected.

cheers

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    just gave me an idea with that hugger... you looked up cheap minimoto parts as half a rear pannel would look sick on the back of that ;) about a score for the entire pannel set too so cheaper than fibreglass.

9. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

ahhh i see what you mean....if you don't mind i'm going to have a little drawing session palying around with new designs...might try incorporate something like that panel....hoever adapt it with the ridge in the middle like on a speedy rear panel

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if i dont mind? LOL get some an cut em up already.. why would i mind ha ha ha ha

11. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

lol i just did some designs...then i looked back on designs i did a few days ago and they look very similar :rofl:
    basically...i started off with 1 step...and then added the other....when it had one step it looked similar to to mini moto design.

i'll post some pages of designs i've done a bit later

12. Ro8bieg

Ro8bieg New Member

Looks really nice, where did you yet the adjustable jackup kit from?

13. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

cheers mate.
    got it from scooter-centre....i went for the biggest one possible.
    sort of wish i didn't now :rofl: seating position is horrible pushing you right to the front n makes ur ass hurt :rofl:
    i think it's koso

14. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

took second step off the model

looks better now...more sleek...less cluttered

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

I love radical bodywork projects like this. Plasticard eh? Somebody makes models in your house ;)

16. Ro8bieg

Ro8bieg New Member

They dont sell them any more :( want one for my aerox project. Dont suppose you want to swap for a smaller TNT one do you? lol

17. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    can send you some scraps of acrylic if you like (not the easiest to use but you can sling it in any oven to warm it up so its flexable, can mould it to shape) bung me a drink an postage an ill sort out some bits if you need them... would offer abs but i havent used it much so not much nockin about

18. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

thanks a lot for the offer....but as it's an A level project...anything i need for it will be supplied by the department so i may aswell save you the hassle :D
    if i do need anything though at some point i'll give you a shout if that's ok? :cool:

oh don't they? i'm not surprised though the design is blooming awful

you see where the suspension joins onto it.....if it's not extremely tight it can pivot on it...as where it joins onto the engine isnt flush with it ...so it can still move about if not tightened up loads

so if you smack a pothole or something might end up with ur suspension collapsing underneath ya :msn1:

19. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    not a prob m8, ever need help with glues/cutting certian materials just ask ;)

20. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

around the 15th of january...i'm getting a bit of money in.

so i'm splashing out another 280 quid on visual bits...so i'll be able to finish the bodywork pretty sharpish :cool: