Speedfight 2 project- MHR, Nardo - *new custom front end*

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by lukeyboixrace, Mar 2, 2008.

1. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

yeaa i know what you mean!
    one of the bulbs has that glass over it as its the dipped beam, maybe i could modify it so i have two dipped beams? but put stronger bulbs in them.

or i could make some plastic lenses for them.

anyone got any ideas?

2. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

right got an update.

finished the design off, it is perfection.

then started working on my actual lights. taking the side light section off of a spare, and will be attatching it onto this 1, therefore i will have 2 dipped beams in effect......but they wont be, as i've taken the metal plate out of this one, and the bulb is much closer to the lens so it should be much brighter than the dipped.....although i have a spare for when the MOT man comes knocking.

anyway heres pics of progress:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wouldn't be surprised if I am the first person to do this with the lights it's so much hassle! :lol:
    basically, cutting the section off the old piece is hard enough, and then with the bulb in, it doesnt stick out far enough for the bulb to clear the lens at the end.
    so instead of putting the bulb into the grooves, I've moved it ontop of the grooves at the rear, and its held down even tighter by the clip, so it's just as good but the bulbs further away, this gave it clearance of the lens by about 1mm.
    so I've made an extension to the bottom of the side light piece to make it stick out further, and now I have clearance of about 1 cm, which should be ok.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what you think lads?

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    looks like alot of hassel, but well done m8. just hope it stays together for ya.... aryldite or plastic weld is a better thing to use for that sort of stuff..

4. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Ah I see what you did there. Looked this morning and didn't understand it, read it again n I understand now lol.

Good idea, I know what you are getting at but it doesn't look very strong, will it be alright do you think?

5. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

well it should be ok, it's not exactly heavy that piece.
    i think i will plastic weld t or aryldite it, and then fibreglass over that aswell to reinforce it more.

it should be ok.

i know, it is quite difficult to understand :rofl: .... i've never seen it done before, so should be quite good.
    need to get started on actually fibreglassing the lights to the panel, and then fibreglassing the lenses to the light inserts, and smooth it all in.
    should definately be worth it though, as it's only really cost me a few pounds for the fibreglass etc...it only really uses a blooming lot of labour :wtf: ...but it's alright by me! :punk:

6. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    i really do admire your enthusiasm towards this bike

keep it up your doing great :up: :beer:

7. Crana

Crana Active Member

Maybe some fork and I'll love it lol I don't like the whole swing arm thing :(

Or maybe aerox back wheels on?

8. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

cheers boys.

was thinking about aerox wheels back and front, but i'll leave that til last if i'm going to do it, we shall see!

i'll get some more work done on the lights today and post some updates.

9. AeroXXX70cc

AeroXXX70cc New Member

What a crap bike to tune lol
    Worse piece of shit to do up, and if its Air cooled Lord have mercy on u!
    lool
    Ugly and sloooooooooooowww

Get something with a minarelli block in it :p

10. NJH

NJH New Member

lmfao what a jokerr

11. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

are you stoopid? you can't tell if it's liquid or air cooled??...it's pretty obvious... :confused:arc:
    ugly....to you maybe yea....i think speedfights are definately one of the best looking bikes.
    you don't like it? ...congratulations...gold star for you :bird:

12. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

continued work on my transmission casing.

why do peugeot cases have to be so damn detailed :rtfm:

anyway, here it as at the moment, needs a lot more work though.

[​IMG]

13. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Good job, keep it up :punk:

14. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

das ya 1st post m8 chill out or ull get eat up n spat out from this site in bout five mins have some respect you specimen

15. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    minarelli my ass, piss of you pikey.

mate, nice project, it really is taking shape now. keep it up, your doing a great job ;)

16. DYS VTR

DYS VTR New Member

Rides:
    skanky cRaKwhoR3s
    little aerox retard, think ur be drivin a 02 bimmer convertable 2. fuckin wasteman

17. PEDMANIA

PEDMANIA New Member

personally, i think what you are doing to your scoot is really good mate and shows that us brits can customise scoots to a high standard just wish i had the time and money to do mine ;)

18. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

thanks a lot lads, i do try :cool:

ohh btw

i'm really stuck with this one...

which kit....

malossi mhr replica 70cc
    or
    stage 6 racing 70cc

according to scooter attack the stage 6 produces much more power...

but every1 seems to go for the mhr rep....why?

i had a stage 6 sports pro, and it was actually very reliable....had no problems with it at all....also when it blw my main bearings on my standard crank, the kit still survived and was fine.

so what you think?

19. Samuel

Samuel New Member

dnt see many people modding pugs good luck and yes bit porting sounds very clear idea

20. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

Depends what you want from the kit really ??

The rep and the Racing are 2 different beasts...

Rep is a twin ringed powerful sports kit, so what it lacks in power it makes up for in reliability...

The Racing is single ringed, higher revving and more powerful and hence is
    less reliable....but no more unreliable than any other single ringed kit!!

if more frequent ring changes arent an issue to you, and your bottom end can
    stand the revs....then i personally would give the stage 6 a go, they seem very reasonably priced and the europeans love them :D

but then again the rep is reliable.......