Speedfight 2 project- MHR, Nardo - *new custom front end*

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by lukeyboixrace, Mar 2, 2008.

1. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

right before i start, just thought id say a few things.
    i know most of you hate pugs.....because they have rubbish engines etc.....especially compared to that of piaggios.
    so most of you will say......why bother? why not buy a piaggio engine and a conversion kit......but im just using what i have to get the most out of this engine.
    so by all means...if you have any suggestions or problems with my project then let me know.... but its staying a pug :bird: :w00t:

bodywork
    blue and silver panels
    silver and blue inner panels (blue to stop foot panel dirt showing up soo much) (in progress)
    polished rims - maybe a blue lip (in progress)
    maybe a tail tidy
    side stand (bought)
    jack up kit (bought)
    maybe chrome lenses all round.

engine
    mhr rep 70cc kit
    unrestricted manifold
    21mm carb
    air filter
    top performance nardo exhaust
    malossi multivar (bought)
    stage 6 clutch (bought)
    standard gearing- top speed is already plenty enough ;)
    pm tuning crank- (bought)

i don't have the funds to buy all this as of yet....therefore i will mainly be focusing on body work until i do.
    i've began by respraying my front panel blue....came out lovely.
    i've also repaired an underbelly panel and will be spraying that asap.

any comments and suggestions are welcome of course!

went from this:
    [​IMG]
    to this:
    [​IMG]
    to this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

these are the new parts so far
    jack up kit
    [​IMG]
    side stand (just been repaired)
    [​IMG]
    pmtuning crankshaft
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and heres one of my spare engines that ill be refurbishing, stripping and piling on the goodies :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as i said...all comments n suggestions are welcome! :cool:

2. Nitro-Rhys

Nitro-Rhys Active Member

looking good mate ;)

3. Haresign

Haresign New Member

Rides:
    GPR50 + Peugeot 307
    Looks like your being realistic with this unlike some dreamers! (myself included :p )

People who are realistic about their project, funds and time always have the best scooters.

This one looks as if its going to be good but without cash it's hard work, I've tried it with limited funds and tried to rush things, didn't go so well, just take your time and it work out fine in the end

Good luck

4. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

i know exactly what you mean mate....i've spent soo much time and money on this thing already...and its still a piece of crud :w00t:
    but when i did that i werent too sure on what i was doing...but now i've got the knowledge and ability to do it all myself ill be fine.
    like before i bought a leo vince zx pipe and things...and payed a dealer to rip me off and do it themselves.....i have not been to a dealer in over a year now which is great :rofl:
    so with this.....i've made a plan so i can do it right first time without wasting any money.

oh yea...i'm having a crank removal tool made at the moment should be done in a few days, cost me a total of £4.80 :cool:

5. Major Rel14b1lty

Major Rel14b1lty New Member

6. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

thats the exact reedblock i was gna get...and the black edition 21mm stage 6 carb

how much you looking for it mate?
    and does it come with the reeds?
    and im guessing it's got the adapter for the 21mm carb aswell

7. Major Rel14b1lty

Major Rel14b1lty New Member

ye 21mm plugs straight into it, comes with reeds and yes i was using this on my speeedy to run my mhr rep in conjucntion with 21mm dellorto phbg

8. runner 180

runner 180 New Member

how did you get your rim like that

9. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

still no where near finished yet :(
    basically......paint strip all the paint off.....the metal is really rough because they sandblast it as standard.
    to get this off i used a nylong wire wheel brush on a drill......its not too abrasive and is just right.....then sand with 800 grit paper.....until its all smooth and get yourself some polishing mops and autosol metal polishing compund.....and polish that bitch.
    but because ive done all the sanding etc so far by hand its taken me a good 6 hours jsut to get the main front bit done that you can see :msn1:

oh btw people......the tool for the crankcase has been half made...it had to be sent off somewhere else to finish it off. should get it tomorrow.....so ill have my crank out and new one in by the weekend with a bit of luck.

luke

10. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

UPDATE

got my tool back today.....some problems with it...they wleded the inside of the nut where i needed the thread to put on the crank so u can attach it to the crank to pull it back into the casing.....so that has to be redone...however i could still push it out.
    ALSO...the holes for the transmission side of the casing on the tool were slightly off so will have to get new ones put there.

[​IMG]

so i've only got one side of the casing off so far......and it doesnt look very nice if you ask me......small chips everywhere where the crank blew from the previous owner.... small scratches and the bearings are funked too :lol: theres also a huge bunch of metal shavings on the inside of the casing you can see it in the pics.

hopefully should be able to clean it up and get it running lovely tho....may even take mag housing off another spare engine of mine may be worth doing that if this ones too bad.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. am4n_am4n

am4n_am4n New Member

when you crank case is looking like that i supose its time for some port work ;)

looking all go though keep up the good work :nerd:

12. connor

connor Active Member

looking good mate keep it up :cool:

13. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

cheers lads.
    i want to do some porting and flowing work on the cases and the mhr kit......but i don't feel i know quite enough about it yet.
    Although i know why its done and how it makes improvements.....but i also dont have a dremel or anything at the moment :rofl:

14. gazell

gazell Active Member

looking good mate..keep up the good work

15. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

Looking interesting. I think pugs have some of the best style wheels around.

16. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

i personally think aerox wheels are the best...they are jsut stunning.....im thinking of getting some for my pug actually...with the adaptors.

17. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

How would an Aerox front wheel swop over? They run in forks where the Pug wheel is single sided?

18. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    use 2 rears ;)

19. lukeyboixrace

lukeyboixrace Member

yea as minor said use two rears.
    although its pretty obvious to do...i dont think i've seen it done before on a speedy...i've seen aerox wheels on a speedy...but it's always been with forks on the front...not standard speedy suspension.

20. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

There was a French bloke in T&G a few years ago, who put pug wheels onto a Slider. I think he did a Rox as well, but he changed the forks. Does "Heavymotor" ring any bells?