Peugeot Speedfight 2 Ac Help!

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Ashley Marsh, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Ashley Marsh

Ashley Marsh New Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 2
    I have a Peugeot Speedfight 2 Ac 2001, yes its an old bike. I use the bike to get to and from work and college and I noticed that the bike really struggled up hills and with acceleration. I purchased a Pollini High speed control kit ( http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/170/peugeot-polini-hi-speed-control-kit ) and a Race clutch ( http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/35/107mm-pm-tuning-race-clutch ) In the hope that these parts would increase acceleration and help up hills, yet it seems it has done quite the opposite the bike struggles with acceleration even on the flat taking about 30second to get from 20mph to 30mph and then it maxes out at about 35mph which is worse then before the modifications I made! All I can think of doing know is getting a 70cc big bore kit? Will this help my problems?

What should I do?

Regards Ashley.

2. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    its probable the strength of the clutch spring and variator roller weights are wrong

3. Ashley Marsh

Ashley Marsh New Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 2
    With the High speed control kit it came with 2 different Roller weights and I put the largest in, should I try the lighter ones? And the clutch springs should i buy some slacker springs?

4. TeZ258

TeZ258 Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 50cc
    What's the spec? Also the speed control kit should have washers included. These aren't restricter washers, they push the pulleys together, thus making the belt start from a higher position which makes it faster.

Had the problem with mine. Also roller weight will be an issue.

5. Ashley Marsh

Ashley Marsh New Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 2
    Yeah I didnt put the washers on thinking they would slow it down. Should I put the 3 little springs from my old stock clutch into my new clutch because they are slacker? Would this help?

6. Ashley Marsh

Ashley Marsh New Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 2
    I have some 7.7gr rollers with the kit these are lighter then the other ones I put in will these be better for the bike or should I get some 4.5gr or what other size rollers?

Help

7. TeZ258

TeZ258 Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 50cc
    What spec is it though? If its stock then stock weight rollers are what you need. The washers go behind the variator

8. Ashley Marsh

Ashley Marsh New Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 2
  9. TeZ258

TeZ258 Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 50cc
    To be honest then you're setup would really compliment a decent exhaust. Also the rollers you're trying are too light. Put your original ones back in the new variator. For reference the stock weight is 9 grams.

Try that and get back to us :)

10. Ashley Marsh

Ashley Marsh New Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 2
    What exhaust would you recommend? I weighed the old stock rollers and they where 7grams , and they were worn to fuck so I got some 7.7grams would the 0.7gram difference affect the bikes performance?

11. TeZ258

TeZ258 Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 50cc
    Yes it would. I dropped about half a gram the other week and gained 5 mph.

I'd recommend a Doppler s3r had mine for ages and its been brilliant. Lovely sound and gives a healthy boost over stock.

12. Ashley Marsh

Ashley Marsh New Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 2
    Just put some new 7gram rollers in and runs very well its a lot more responsive then it ever was.
    Thanks for the help.

13. TeZ258

TeZ258 Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 50cc
    Awesome :). Always good to hear a fellow speedfight-er is up and running again :)

TwostrokeFTW likes this.
  14. Ashley Marsh

Ashley Marsh New Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 2
    Would a Doppler s3r work well along side a 70cc sport kit?
    Thinking on maybe getting a 70cc kit any suggestions a decent one that will be reliable?

15. TeZ258

TeZ258 Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 50cc
    Yes it would. Currently run one on my polini sport and its super!

I'd personally recommend a polini sport kit. Very easy to setup and gives a pretty decent power return :). I've ragged the shit out of mine and its still going strong, even with knackered crank bearings and crank.

16. Ashley Marsh

Ashley Marsh New Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 2
    Alright thanks ill look at the pollini kit, is it easy to setup? And I suppose i would have to change the air filter carb and jets?

17. TeZ258

TeZ258 Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 50cc
    Just upjet and rollers. Dead easy.

18. Ashley Marsh

Ashley Marsh New Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 2
    Alright ill give that ago, ill post if I'm stuck thanks again

19. TeZ258

TeZ258 Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 50cc
    No problem :).

20. gilly_runner

gilly_runner Member

Rides:
    Gilera runner
    I too recommend the doppler s3r its a good pipe for the price and is well made mine took ages before it even show signs of rust