cyclone alarm

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by moansss, Dec 28, 2007.

1. moansss

moansss Member

well my alarm came today so im going to try fit it but i need help as im confused :( could any one tell me some steps/tips for fitting the non-talking version c11

thanks

2. numanoid1704

numanoid1704 New Member

runner 125 fx

[​IMG]

hope this helps, ian

3. rossmofo

rossmofo New Member

Rides:
    gilera Ice ZX7R
    good diagram numanoid1704..... :nerd:

4. moansss

moansss Member

5. numanoid1704

numanoid1704 New Member

runner 125 fx

hi,cant claim the credit for the diagram was put up for me when i asked the same question.q1 that wire is white,q2 i taped off the grey, pink and blue as there part of the remote start which i did not want as it only turns the engine over for 3-4 seconds and my runner needs longer than this on the button.hope this helps.

6. numanoid1704

numanoid1704 New Member

runner 125 fx

also did not wire to battery.any theif will look there first so wired to the red on ignition(constant live) cheers

7. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

fuck, I rememba doing this at 3 in the morning in my alley way with stupid christmas LEDS using them as light,

it can be a little bit confusing sometimes, the ignition part was the hardest and also the remote start is fuckin pointless if you have to hold your brake lever/ clutch lever in to start the bike which most of them to as a safety precaution.

about as much use as a snooze button on a burgular alarm

the novelty of the talking version is gone now tho... embarrising when some old fart rambles on about "please remember to arm the alarm" and a fit blonde walks passed you into tesco's...... :emb:

and by the way that blue wire you circled moanss, intercepts that wire that connects to/ or from the electric start button

also make sure that you ground the alarm properly to the frame, otherwise youll be changing fuses like a pair of socks..., and when you join wires and things, insulate the wires properly as water will fuck it right it up

8. moansss

moansss Member

well .. i conneted the blue wire to the green and black and the brown to the white ...... the alarm works but not sure if the electric start works as i need a new battery

9. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

you should conect it to the wires that it tells you that it is supposed to connect to for your bike, phone up the people that make the alarm

ncook security ltd i think theyre called they do over the phone help apparantly

also i think you joined that wire to the wrong one, the starter relay wire is usually a BLUE and White one, it runs to the electric start switch from the battery with a fuse along the line by the battery

both manual electric and auto start (remote) will work if youve wired the alarm in properly because all your doing is wiring in two circuits into one, like a parellel circuit

but i deffinately think youve connected it to the wrong wire tbh. the wire that needs cutting and joing is the blue and white one coming from the start switch (electric start button)

10. numanoid1704

numanoid1704 New Member

Hi again, J Nitro is right you have connected the wrong wire. Cheers.

11. italjohn

italjohn Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
  12. moansss

moansss Member

there was only a green and black wire and two black wires coming from the electric start button

13. moansss

moansss Member

any one know if thats right?