Aerox R slow acceleration after removing the washer from variator?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Jamie17, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Jamie17

Jamie17 New Member

I recently bought a brand new aerox and removed the washer from the variator and ever since the acceleration has been slow up to about 10mph then after that the acceleration is normal and will keep accelerating to about 55 mph could this be the standard heavy rollers?

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    The "std heavy rollers" are perfect for the set up of the scooter, they fit that weight rollers to work all over the transmission range to get the best performance for road speed/revs/power band to which the engine work's best at.

3. Tins81

Tins81 Member

Rides:
    Yamaha Aerox SP55
    55mph with a standard Aerox with just removing the variator washer!! I doubt it very much. The three brand new Aerox's I've ever owned and removed the washers would only do a little over 40mph on a straight and without any wind :-D

4. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    To get anywhere near 50+mph on a standard Aerox, You need to remove the variator washer, fit a new variator with lighter weights ( standard Aerox variators are known to be very poor) , take the washer out of the exhaust or better still replace it and upjet 10% (68 main jet).

5. ramon777

ramon777 The newkid on the block

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    what washer did u removed?

There are to washers on a minarelli engine nearby the variator.

One is on the sliding sleeve itself, the "limiter" washer is about 3mm thick.
    But there is even a washer between the cooling fan pulley and the slidingsleeve ( where de variator slides over )
    This one fals into the cooling fan pulley.
    This one needs there!

This washer kan be a problem of getting slow up becouse the belt is already to high in the variator, so it looks like driving awain in the 2nd or 3th gear in a car.

Its important to know WHAT washer u removed, if its the one what need to fall in the cooling fan pulley, PLACE IT BACK!
    or there is a big chance u will drive your crankshaft to scrapmetal en destroy is!

Its for me hard to explain but if u really want to know why, ask, and i'l try to explain a good a possible

If its the limiter washer then u just need to finetune the engine with new rollers and the correct jet