2001 Malaguti F10 in USA

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by F10Pilot, Jun 7, 2010.

1. F10Pilot

F10Pilot New Member

I've been lurking and making an occasional post, thought I would share my Malaguti F10 because I received quite a lot of knowledge from reading here and hope to learn some more from suggestions or comments about my bike.

Here are the EBAY auction photos from my purchase.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It had a Bitubo shock, Technigas RS2, Char-Mo BBK, 17.5 dellorto, and a really bad TurboMax variator.

Made some homemade stickers and rode the wheels off it. :good:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bought some more parts...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And some more...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Broke my pipe, so some more...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still Tuning :good:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thinking about brake and fork upgrades now, and styling bits like grips, kickstart lever etc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for Viewing-

My Setup is Currently - 06/2010
    2001 Malaguti F10
    Stage 6 Sport Pro A/C
    Motoforce Evo 10mm
    17.5mm Dellorto
    Athena Vario / Stage6 fixed drive
    Yasuni C16
    Malossi Delta Clutch w/ Stage6 Med. Orange springs
    Malossi X-Special belt
    Koso Blade CF Mirrors
    Buzzetti Side Stand
    Malossi MHR front pads and rear shoes
    Stage6 Multimeter

2. KnoxySR

KnoxySR New Member

Like the mirors, is that a cup holder by the seat?

3. italjohn

italjohn Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    I love the view in some of the pictures :)
    Looks like it has the CPI Euro 1 engine.

4. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

nice one m8...looks like youve got the tuning bug :)

hows she go ??

5. F10Pilot

F10Pilot New Member

They are Koso Blade CF mirrors that I got off ebay, shipped from China. They don't stick out far enough to see but look nice. o_O The cup holder on the other hand works great!!

I'm not sure about the CPI engine. It's an '01 so I'm pretty sure has the Italian Minarelli. It does have the Ducati ignition and "Made in Italy" stamped in the engine castings, the frame, and all the plastics. :)

Goes well enough Dave. It's tough to get the AC engines jetted just right and the transmission set just right when you're a nOOb. I'm starting to get there though, it's quick but still dialing in, now looking at upgrading the front fork and brakes. :)

I like the Typhoon 50 upside down forks so have considered fitting a Typhoon front end if I can pick one up used and may switch to liquid cooling over the winter.

Thanks for the comments guys - let me know if you have any advice about the Typh forks, or have a beat up set on a shelf somewhere. :grin:

6. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

yes i agree :good:

any grease monkey can bolt things onto an engine...its patiently getting everything dialled in, where the power is found ;)

7. italjohn

italjohn Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    I will NOT recomend you to change to Typhoon forks, thay are "shit" in my eyes.
    I would keep the originale ones, or change to the Doppler one.

[​IMG]

8. F10Pilot

F10Pilot New Member

I like the looks of the upside down fork and seems it would be more rigid. If the standard Typhoon fork is a downgrade from my stock fork I guess it's a bad idea then.

Probably wouldn't pay the expense of a Doppler or Malossi fork, it's just too much. What about the Buzzetti ones for Typhoon? They claim improved seals and springs on those.

I'm going to try heavier oil in the stockers for now. It's too bad Bitubo doesn't make a spring and damper kit for these like they do for maxiscooters. Would probably match my Bitubo rear shock much better.